Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Last Quarter Catch up

Couple of months since my last message. Came back to the software valley of India in April and kicked off the Development activities with a all girls team. People say girls can code.. I have experienced it first hand :). Well my project went through the initial hick ups of ramping up, Knowledge transfer and of course some harassment from the Quality Auditor :). Quality focus is no doubt a differentiator but sometimes I feel the SQA over do the Quality aspect.

After a Couple of change requests, Over night slogs and the usual fire fighting, we did deliver as per schedule. A good team effort. Nominated 2 people for quarterly awards. Had to fight hard to justify their nomination (Office Politics). Managed to get them into the list, Still not sure whether they would be rewarded.

Promotions due in August, Keeping my fingers crossed XX. Not very hopeful though as I dont have a God Father in the organization. The HR claims that promotions are performance based, I would prefer to disagree.

Thinking of relocating to HYD. Will start looking out in August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home